3D visualization has long been one of the main drivers of innovation in architecture as well as in landscape and environmental planning. It opens up broad opportunities, as 3D technology helps users to evaluate and understand the solution more effectively. So why not use it in Load Control, where the loading instructions are still in 2D.
The 3D Loadplan represents the 2D version in a highly user-friendly screen with intuitive navigation. It provides load controllers with a realistic view of what the load plan will look like on completion. The user can easily view the 3D Loadplan from every angle by simply turning or rotating it in the desired direction.
The load controller can also zoom in on particular load items, especially if he needs to take a closer look at interior spaces, for instance to identify overhangs, indents and inoperative locks.
When creating or optimizing the load plan, the load controller can easily add load items, and simply remove them with one click. Load items can be distributed with a simple drag-and-drop, and easily evaluated to see whether or not a non-certified ULD load item fits. The load controller then immediately sees the results of his activities on the actual trim bar.
All load data is updated automatically within the application. This includes all relevant checks for aircraft limitations and dangerous goods restrictions – as well as warnings, if these are violated.
- Rotation and zoom functionality
- Update and edit of load items with a simple drag and drop
- Automated update and check of load data and display of trim bar
- Warnings and alerts in the event of violations
- Minimizes errors due to effective load plan designs
- Supports operational stability by identifying load flaws at an early stage
- Facilitates training and learning due to 3D visualization
- Improves communication between Load Controller and Ramp Agent