In the last couple of years, airlines have increasingly invested into business process transformation coming along with new state-of-the-art MRO software. They are two main drivers:
- A new generation of aircraft with new requirements and regulations, requiring more up-to-date MRO software capabilities.
- High costs pressure airlines to operate as process and cost-efficient as possible, even in the MRO field.
CAMO/MRO solutions available on the market today usually cover the business requirements of airlines of any size and type while being suitable for all aircraft types. They allow airlines to manage their maintenance, engineering, and logistic needs and to assure their compliance with current regulations.
However, digitalization in the MRO environment has far more complex challenges than just getting the system set up and operating. First, ambiguous regulations that might result in safety issues, insufficient maintenance planning and increased costs. Second, implementing a CAMO/MRO software is not just about getting the system itself up and running. It is about transforming the business to a new model of conducting its affairs. Third, achieving a lasting change in culture for the people behind the work. Therefore, for a CAMO/MRO organization undergoing such digital transformation projects, the scope often becomes quite extensive.
This is where Lufthansa Systems Airline Consulting comes in. Our MRO experts will support your MRO business unit and bring along expertise which is based on best practice.
We will be happy to give you an example:
- Segmented maintenance management processes at Malaysian Airlines
- As-Is M&E business process analyses: In this project phase, our consultants visited Malaysia Airlines for two months to dive deep into the current situation and to define the gaps from the industry best practices and develop the change blueprint.
- We supported Malaysian Airlines with the implementation and configuration of AMOS, project management. We also delivered the change by defining the new way of working, reassigned responsibilities, and bridged various other gaps.
- We held numerous workshops and assessments with managers and employees of the respective departments.
- We provided go-live support and real work expectation management together with freezing the change and developing internal knowledge and leadership.
Impact on clients business
The company was able to improve maintenance processes, planning and resource allocation.