Network Planning & Scheduling
Much like the heart in a human body, it is also one of the most complex parts of the airline’s business and its most critical success factor. While many airlines have experience in their fleet and network planning teams, only a few have everything they need to evaluate more complex network scenarios. In many cases, multi-million dollar network decisions are based on ‘gut instinct’ and modeled in Excel spreadsheets or outdated QSI tools.
If you are one of the many planners relying on gut instinct, are you ready to take a leap and start generating significantly higher revenues?
If the answer is yes, meet our team of experts offering full fleet, route and network planning capabilities. We are in a unique position to provide:
- A critical mass of senior expertise – All our consultants have airline network experience (15-35 years). They come from major international airlines in all regions of the world. Access to advanced network planning tools – Lufthansa Systems NetLine/Plan is one of the few Nested Logit-based network planning tools in the world. It has a full spectrum of functionality including fleet assignment and route and hub optimization. Access to cross-functional expertise where necessary – We have 120+ consultants in all areas of the airline business: commercial, operational and IT.
We will be happy to give you an example:
- With a fleet of eighty aircraft, 100+ destinations and 5,000+ employees, our customer is a successful low cost airline that had been growing rapidly for over a decade.
- Underpinned by increasing demand, the airline has experienced a long-term, continuous growth in revenue and maintained a steady profitability – becoming one of the most successful carriers in the region.
- Due to an economic downturn in their home country, the airline entered a period of crisis with severe drops in revenue and profitability.
- We helped the airline develop a long-term network and fleet strategy, plotting the way out of the crisis-period and into long-term growth. We modelled a number of strategic network and fleet scenarios and delivered business cases for network and fleet changes in the short, medium and long term. Strategic scenarios also included new destinations, new operating bases and different fleet profiles.
- Based on the scenario modelling, we built a network plan and fully rotated schedule for the total of five years; integrating our growth forecasts and expected passenger demand, overlayed with the airlines own growth plans. We delivered this as a “ready to implement, publish and sell” package to achieve the speed to market for any short-term changes and help ease the growth transition in the long-term.
Impact on client’s business