Here we provide background information about our company and its solutions for media representatives. For further information, please contact our press office.
Rising fuel costs, declining margins, high competitive pressure – the only way airlines can succeed in this environment is by continually optimizing their processes to improve their ability to compete. Lufthansa Systems offers a wide range of powerful, innovative IT solutions to help achieve this goal.
Lufthansa Systems is at home in the airline world. From flight operations to finance, passengers to cargo, network airlines to regional airlines and low-cost carriers – Lufthansa Systems has the ideal IT solution for every situation. These solutions help customers reduce their costs, increase their revenues and distinguish themselves from their competitors by offering new services. All of the solutions are based on Lufthansa Systems’ extensive knowledge of airline business processes and outstanding technological competence. The products from Lufthansa Systems are extremely cost-efficient and will usually pay for themselves within a very short period of time. More than 350 customers around the world are currently using solutions from Lufthansa Systems.
In addition to IT solutions for pricing and revenue management and products for aircraft navigation, Lufthansa Systems offers solutions for planning and controlling aircraft rotations, crew management and flight operations. These solutions manage and speed up the entire network planning and control process, improve revenues and guarantee continual stability.
The portfolio is divided into different categories:
- Airline Consulting provides independent consulting services for airlines of all sizes and business models guiding management decisions to optimize airline core processes, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Commercial Solutions include IT solutions from the NetLine and ProfitLine suites for long-term fleet and capacity planning as well as short-term flight scheduling and codeshare management to increase efficiency and flexibility, thereby enhancing airlines’ competitiveness.
- Finance Solutions offers airlines the market-leading revenue accounting solution SIRAX® Product Family and further financial services for simplifying their increasingly complex processes while providing high-quality sets of data to support their business-critical decision-making.
- Flight & Navigation Solutions include products such as Lido Flight 4D or the charting solutions Lido mPilot and Lido eRouteManual which establish the fundamental conditions necessary for precise flight planning and navigation. This, ensures safe flight operations as well as cost optimization and fuel savings. Nearly half of all flights in Europe are planned with Lido Flight 4D and more than 100 airlines worldwide use solutions from Lido Navigation.
- In-Flight Entertainment/BoardConnect offers airlines a wireless in-cabin platform that allows passengers to use their own devices (BYOD) to enjoy an extensive range of entertainment and information services. Internet and email usage is also supported once an aircraft has been equipped with a broadband connection. Wireless tech¬nology makes the solution very light, which results in considerable fuel savings.
- Operations Solutions include products from the NetLine and Lido families to cover all aspects of controlling cost-efficient, reliable and safe flight operations – from the short-term adjustment of flight schedules to crew management.